About The Tax Lawyer
Troy Renkemeyer obtained a Bachelors of Science degree with a major in accounting from Missouri State University in December 1990. Troy obtained his certified public accountant (CPA) designation in May 1991. During the Spring of 1991, Troy began the Masters of Accountancy / Taxation program at the University of Missouri at Columbia.
Troy practiced accounting with a regional accounting firm briefly before attending law school. In 1996, Troy obtained a law degree from the University of Missouri at Kansas City. As a member of law review, he authored Family Limited Partnerships In Estate Planning, a law review comment that was published in the spring of 1996, and then republished by the New York Tax Digest in the fall of 1996. He obtained an advanced law degree, a Masters of Laws (LLM) in taxation from the University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law.
- 1998:Co-founded a staffing services firm whose annual sales grew to $8 million in just 18 months, which was later sold.
- 1999: Major shareholder and served on the Board of Directors of Transport Recovery Services, Inc., an Omaha, Nebraska based corporation involved in the small package delivery industry. Sold to a venture capital fund.
- Co-founded The KC Candle Company, LLC which manufactured candles for high volume retailers, which was later sold.
- 2002: Co-founded a brick manufacturing company based in Oklahoma that he brought public.
- 2004:Co-founded Monarch Transport, LLC, a Kansas City based over-the-road trucking carrier whose annual sales grew to $12 Million in its initial 18 months. It owned over 80 semi-trucks and over 120 trailers transporting goods for mostly Fortune 100 companies across all 50 states.
- 2004: Co-founded Federated Dental Plan, LLC, a Texas based dental discount plan provider. Today Federated Dental Plan, LLC has thousands of members.
- 2016: Co-founded Edusee, Inc., a national network of recently retired school district superintendents. The network is utilized to market the products of other companies to the school districts within the metropolitan areas from which the retired superintendent worked and maintained relationships. These products include body-worn cameras for security and bank financial services.
- Ongoing: A variety of real estate-based developments and projects in the Kansas City area.
Mr. Renkemeyer practiced tax and corporate law for two years at a Kansas City based law firm, specializing in start-up companies as well as small and mid-size companies with their corporate and tax needs. In 1997, he joined the International Tax Group of Arthur Andersen where he worked with multinational companies, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, designing and implementing tax-driven financing structures, and forming offshore entities to optimize tax benefits. In December 1999, Mr. Renkemeyer left Arthur Andersen to open a law firm with his colleagues where he practiced tax and corporate law for ten years. After that era, he opened Renkemeyer Law Firm.
In addition to Mr. Renkemeyer’s professional career, he has been involved with a variety of small businesses, such as:
See the journey
Troy began the Masters of Accountancy / Taxation program at the University of Missouri at Columbia
Member of the Kansas Bar
Member of the Missouri Bar
certified public accountant in Missouri
Admitted to the U.S. Tax Court
Admitted to the Federal Courts in Missouri
Why Renkemeyer Law Firm
How are we different?
While practicing as a CPA and an attorney for over twenty years, Troy D. Renkemeyer has founded, owned, and operated an array of small businesses of his own. These personal business experiences, coupled with his education and experience obtained from his accounting and legal practice uniquely enables him to understand the true issues surrounding small businesses. He has a personal understanding of the concerns and problems facing small business owners that other attorneys simply do not.
FOR BOTH SMALL & MID-SIZED BUSINESS
We specialize in assisting our clients with designing their business formation and ownership in a way to minimize taxes. We structure their transactions, draft all necessary contracts, and perform financial modeling,
SPECIALISED IN TAX AND BUSINESS LAW
The nuances in tax and corporate law present ever-present and ongoing peril to the businessman absorbed with the demands of running his company,
WE HELP IN RESOLVING TAX ISSUES
We assist clients in resolving their tax problems, whether that involves managing an audit, litigating a tax issue, or simply removing tax liens and obtaining payment plans.